September 2016 Functional Forum: Introducing Functional Medicine 2.0
5pm PST, 7pm CDT & 8pm EDT
Monday, September 12, 2016
The Evolution of Medicine is excited to start Season 4 of the Functional Forum on Monday, September 12th. We kick off the new season in Lombard, IL (just west of Chicago) at the National University of Health Sciences, one of the most storied educational organizations in integrative medicine.
In this episode, we look at the transition from the first era of Functional Medicine to the next, which we’re calling Functional Medicine 2.0. In the first era, practitioners were drawn Functional Medicine through personal experiences of themselves, friends, family or patients who had to search outside of the standard of care to solve their chronic problems. There were no best practices. It was difficult to work with insurance. It was difficult to make it work financially. Practitioners were on their own.
With a massive rise in interest, we’re now entering the era of Functional Medicine 2.0. This new era is characterized by known best practices in structure and practice implementation, new technology that’s being created to making the practice of Functional Medicine easier, and a huge uptick in numbers of practitioners who practice Functional Medicine. It’s not just drawing the Naturopathic Doctors and Chiropractors, it’s also, thousands of physicians and practitioners of all varieties moving towards Functional Medicine to rediscover their love for medicine.
In this episode, we welcome 3 incredible keynote speakers, all of whom have played a significant role in our evolution.
Firstly, Jeffrey Gladd MD, who set the vision of a nationwide network of community-based micropractices back in May 2014 on the Functional Forum. It’s inspired the mission of our organization ever since.
We then welcome the unstoppable Terry Wahls MD as our second guest speaker. As well as a record TEDx talk, Dr. Wahls’ incredible story has lead to “The Wahls Protocol” an accompanying Functional Medicine textbook. Her clinical work and at the University of Iowa continues to reaffirm that lifestyle is directly involved in reversing autoimmune disease. Dr. Wahls will discuss taking these lessons to the underserved.
Our third keynote, we welcome, National University of Health Science alumni, Dr. Tom O’Bryan. Dr. O’Bryan has been a Chiropractor for 30 years and is a leader in the Functional Medicine space. He’s shown the way for the Evolution of Medicine to scale their efforts through creating the Gluten Summit back in November 2013. During this event, you’ll get a preview of his next massive online event called Betrayal, which starts the same night.
We’ll, also, be featuring other local practitioners including Kori Feldman, MD on our panel.
Jeffrey Gladd, MD
Terry Wahls, MD
Tom O’Bryan, DC, CCN, DACBN
Kori Feldman, MD
This episode will address the following:
- Why Functional Medicine 2.0 is upon us, and what separates it from v1.0?
- How can we bring this new medical paradigm to the masses?
- Why autoimmune disease will be the straw that breaks the camel’s back
September 2016 Show Sponsors
- New Training Program in Functional and Ancestral Medicine from Chris Kresser
- One Year Program includes Online Training and In Person Conferences
- Learn Chris Kresser’s Awesome High Tech Low Overhead Micropractice Model
- Bring personalized medicine to everyone. On-demand diagnostics in your office, at your patient’s home, or other convenient location of their choice.
- Order lab tests and streamline the collection process with the push of a button, patient compliance improves to 97%.
- With smartphone technology, Iggbo closes the last mile to the patient and reinvents healthcare’s service delivery model.
- Best in category physician coaching program
- Develop proven models for patient acquisition and team interaction
- Apply for free 2-day bootcamp in San Antonio for Functional Forum watchers
- Full professional supplement dispensary with no overhead
- Automated compliance support on e-prescriptions
- Best in category user experience for patient and doctor
- Check out this podcast episode with the CEO of Healthwave, Kyle Bratz
- Help patients learn self-regulation and emotional management skills
- Use Heart Rate Variability Technology to assess and train patients
- Understand the science behind Heart Rate Variability and autonomic function
- Empower patients to create and sustain a healthy lifestyle