July 2016 Functional Forum
5pm PST & 8pm EDT
Monday, July 11th, 2016
Evolution of Medicine and The Institute for Functional Medicine are thrilled to announce the next in their series of collaborative episodes of the Functinal Forum. The footage for this event was filmed at the IFM’s “Applying Functional Medicine in Clinical Practice” (AFMCP) conference in Phoenix in March 2016.
In this episode, we dive deep into the central core of the Functional Medicine operating system, the “Functional Medicine Matrix”. At the Evolution of Medicine, we are always looking for common languages, not only between patient and practitioner but also between practitioners of all traditions and the Functional Medicine Matrix provides a systematic way to understand the expression of health or disease in each individual.
And who better to learn from than Patrick Hanaway, MD, Medical Director of the Center for Functional Medicine at the Cleveland Clinic, and IFM’s Chief Medical Education Officer, making his keynote debut this month. In Dr. Hanaway’s extended keynote, he takes us through the timeline, antecedents, trigger and mediators as well as the matrix itself. Dr. Hanaway will recount a recent Center for Functional Medicine patient who presented with 29 different diagnoses. By considering the patient’s systemic imbalances, Dr. Hanaway was able to help the patient motivate to make targeted lifestyle changes and address the underlying causes that fed her into many symptoms.
You will also hear from many of the attendees and educators at the AFMCP as they share some of their tips on how to practice Functional Medicine at the highest level.
Dr. Patrick Hanaway – The Functional Medicine Matrix
This episode will address the following:
- What is the Functional Medicine Matrix and why is important to have a common language?
- How to use the Matrix to map a patient’s history and unique case details
- How to get the best clinical results through the application of Functional Medicin
July 2016 Show Sponsors
- Learn a profitable practice system integrating clinical protocols and practice management tools
- Develop the confidence to work with any new patient knowing exactly where to start
- Grow a cash based practice using proven functional medicine lab based supplement programs
- Bring personalized medicine to everyone. On-demand diagnostics in your office, at your patient’s home, or other convenient location of their choice.
- Order lab tests and streamline the collection process with the push of a button, patient compliance improves to 97%.
- With smartphone technology, Iggbo closes the last mile to the patient and reinvents healthcare’s service delivery model.
- Best in category physician coaching program
- Develop proven models for patient acquisition and team interaction
- Apply for free 2-day bootcamp in San Antonio for Functional Forum watchers
- a HIPAA-compliant Mobile Practice Ecosystem for real-time health & wellness plan delivery, coaching & communications.
- Easily Create and Manage all your Health & Wellness Plans
- Deliver Plans & Content in an easy-to-use mobile App
- Monitor & Track Engagement, Compliance and Progress in Real-Time
- Improve support with streamlined communications, automated notifications and personalized reminders.
- Full professional supplement dispensary with no overhead
- Automated compliance support on e-prescriptions
- Best in category user experience for patient and doctor
- Check out this podcast episode with the CEO of Healthwave, Kyle Bratz
- Help patients learn self-regulation and emotional management skills
- Use Heart Rate Variability Technology to assess and train patients
- Understand the science behind Heart Rate Variability and autonomic function
- Empower patients to create and sustain a healthy lifestyle