The Evolution of Medicine
5pm PST, 7pm CDT & 8pm EDT
Monday, October 10, 2016
The Functional Forum is excited to announce its first ever live event in the nation’s capital, coming at a transformative time not only for medicine but also the other areas of society fundamentally intertwined with medicine, such as politics and food policy. We are excited to welcome key decision makers and change maker from the center
We are excited to welcome for his Functional Forum debut, integrative medicine luminary Dr. Russell Jaffe for his talk “Stop Fighting the Diagnosis and Start Healing from Within”, bringing to light how functional, precision testing could save millions of lives and $8 trillion to the countries balance sheet.
Joining Dr. Jaffe for a keynote is Dr. Artemis Simopoulos, who has been a proven leader at the cross section of nutrition and medicine for almost three decades. The publication of her Bellagio Report brought to light the important role of food policy in non-communicable diseases (NCDs) and this talk will shed light on the leverage points for large scale, international health creation through food.
They are joined on our extended panel by storied local functional physician Dr. Marie Steinmetz and cardiologist-turned digital innovator, Dr. Shaiv Kapadia, representing an unexpected new hot bed of digital innovation in Functional Medicine, Richmond, VA.
This event also coincides with the launch of host James Maskell’s first book “The Evolution of Medicine: Join the Movement to Solve Chronic Disease and Fall Back in Love with Medicine”, and he will be sharing key insights from his book during the event.
Russell Jaffe MD, PhD
Artemis P. Simopoulos, MD, FACN
Marie Steinmetz, MD
Shaiv Kapadia, MD
This episode will address the following:
- What are the leverage points for large scale, international health creation?
- How can Functional Medicine break the back of the projected $47trillion in health care costs for chronic disease
- How can political and economic forces work together to create lasting positive change for humanity?
October 2016 Show Sponsors
- efficiently obtain data on patient lifestyle behaviors to save time providing more proactive and personalized care.
- empower patients with a simple health tracking app that they will actually enjoy using
- enhance collaboration with patients by monitoring their lifestyle behaviors in-between visits.
- Bring personalized medicine to everyone. On-demand diagnostics in your office, at your patient’s home, or other convenient location of their choice.
- Order lab tests and streamline the collection process with the push of a button, patient compliance improves to 97%.
- With smartphone technology, Iggbo closes the last mile to the patient and reinvents healthcare’s service delivery model.
- Best in category physician coaching program
- Develop proven models for patient acquisition and team interaction
- Apply for free 2-day bootcamp in San Antonio for Functional Forum watchers
- Full professional supplement dispensary with no overhead
- Automated compliance support on e-prescriptions
- Best in category user experience for patient and doctor
- Check out this podcast episode with the CEO of Healthwave, Kyle Bratz
- Help patients learn self-regulation and emotional management skills
- Use Heart Rate Variability Technology to assess and train patients
- Understand the science behind Heart Rate Variability and autonomic function
- Empower patients to create and sustain a healthy lifestyle