2016 Recap: The Future of Functional
5pm PST, 7pm CDT & 8pm EDT
Monday, December 5, 2016
For our final episode of 2016 we bring you a recap of what has been a transformational year for the Evolution of Medicine. This pre-recorded episode will feature some of the best content we have made in 2016 that had not featured on any one of our 11 Forums so far this year.
This episode will run less than an hour, mainly to make sure that our meetup groups have the opportunity to share their “Future of Functional in 5” talks, the first opportunity for everyone in the ecosystem to be heard and share their unique gift and story with our community. We are encouraging all meetups to encourage their members to shoot their show and we have resources for meetup hosts to facilitate this easily.
The show itself will feature short segments from three extended content segments from 2016, as well as the exciting launch of our newest product. First up, Dr. Dean Ornish shares the opportunity for physicians and practitioner teams to deliver his signature “Intensive Cardiac Rehab” protocol, which is now available through Medicare and many commercial insurers.
Also, joining Dr. Ornish on this Forum are two speakers from our “Future of Functional” Summit last Summer in Utah. Firstly, Whole30 Founder Dallas Hartwig, as he shares some of his key learnings from his journey to uncover the keys to igniting behavior change in patients. Secondly we feature author and thinker Charles Eisenstein as he shares his thoughts on community and its power to be the bedrock of the future of not only medicine, but the world.
Watch out for the preview of our second product “Building Your Functional Medicine Practice”, a course that helps physicians to build membership based practices, combining the payment model of Direct Primary Care (DPC) with the clinical model (Functional Medicine) as a vision for the future of Primary Care.
Dr. Dean Ornish
This episode will include:
- A new definition for community and its transformational potential
- How cardiology has evolved and how practices can align to this new paradigm
- Strategies for behavior change from the brightest minds in the field
December Show Sponsors
- efficiently obtain data on patient lifestyle behaviors to save time providing more proactive and personalized care.
- empower patients with a simple health tracking app that they will actually enjoy using
- enhance collaboration with patients by monitoring their lifestyle behaviors in-between visits.
- Bring personalized medicine to everyone. On-demand diagnostics in your office, at your patient’s home, or other convenient location of their choice.
- Order lab tests and streamline the collection process with the push of a button, patient compliance improves to 97%.
- With smartphone technology, Iggbo closes the last mile to the patient and reinvents healthcare’s service delivery model.
- Best in category physician coaching program
- Develop proven models for patient acquisition and team interaction
- Apply for free 2-day bootcamp in San Antonio for Functional Forum watchers
- Full professional supplement dispensary with no overhead
- Automated compliance support on e-prescriptions
- Best in category user experience for patient and doctor
- Check out this podcast episode with the CEO of Healthwave, Kyle Bratz
- Help patients learn self-regulation and emotional management skills
- Use Heart Rate Variability Technology to assess and train patients
- Understand the science behind Heart Rate Variability and autonomic function
- Empower patients to create and sustain a healthy lifestyle